August 18, 2021
Best Ways to keep your Diamonds Sparkling Forever
If you have diamonds in your jewelry collection like a diamond jewelry set or even one piece like a diamond bangle bracelet, then you know that it is important to take care of your diamonds. The only want to keep them sparkling even as the years pass by is to make sure that you look after them and maintain them. In this article, we will be looking at what you can do to make sure your diamonds retain the sparkle that they have.
Taking Care of Your Diamonds
Diamonds are gems that sparkle because of the facets that reflect light in and out. But if the facets get grimy or dirty, the sparkle can be lost. They need to be cleaned and maintained regularly and handled sparingly. Here are some tips to keep in mind to keep your diamonds sparkle:
- Diamonds are like magnets for grime and oil. They attract grime, and this can happen when your skin comes in contact with your diamonds. IT is best to avoid touching them with your bare hands as much as possible. Take your jewelry off when you’re using heavy creams or thick lotions too.
- Keep your diamonds separate as much as you can. This is to avoid scratches on the surface of these stones. While diamonds may be one of the hardest substances on the planet, they can easily get scratches if they run against one another.
- If you’re exercising, it is best to take off your diamonds. This is because the sparkle won’t last if your routine is exposing them to a buildup of dirt. You can also risk injury if you happen to wear your grime and punch bags or lift weights. Don’t wear your diamonds during a heavy workout either, as you can easily lose them, and you may not even realize this has happened until much later.
- As said before, diamonds are pretty hard and strong substances but be careful while using chemical cleaners and harsh abrasives. While your diamonds may be able to hand it, the metal that your diamonds are fitted on may not be able to do so. This can cause the stone to come loose from the setting, and they can even fall off.
- You can use a mild dish soap that is diluted in water to soak your diamond in once in a while. You can use a soft toothbrush to remove dirt from places that may be hard to clean, especially the underside of your diamond.
- Take your diamonds to the jewelers once in a while for regular upkeep of your sparkling diamonds.
If you’re looking to buy a diamond bangle bracelet or an entire diamond jewelry set, then Maaya Fine Jewels is the place for you. They have pieces of the highest quality, and you cannot go wrong with purchases from their store. They are based in Iselin, New Jersey but have their bases in the US, and well as in India.